Rowing at University in Cambridge
Want to know a bit more about what rowing in Cambridge is like? These few pages tell a bit of the background information of how the rowing scene pieces together, what it's like to learn to row here, and an introduction to the other things that makes rowing in Cambridge just that little bit different...
- Cut through the jargon and find out what's really being said
- Basic technical introduction
- The college, town and university rowing clubs
- A Guide to Coxing
- Current Weather Information
- About the River Cam's catchment area, and directions and a map for getting to the boathouse or races
If there is one thing that makes rowing in Cambridge that little bit special, it is, without question, the Bumps. Here you will find an introduction to the bumps, including details of how they work as well as an explanation of some of the bizarre terminology!