2001 - 2002 Manifestos
ALL YOUR NOVICES ARE BELONG TO US
Becca, Amelia and Catherine
Women's Lower Boats' Captains 2001-02
- Recruit lots of novices, targeting not only freshers but people from other years.
- Achieve depth within the novice squad, with the intention of building the club in the future.
- Perform successfully at all levels, aiming for all the novice boats to mirror the success of previous years.
- Pnoritise coxing, producing several coxes of a high standard for the club as a whole, and providing special coaching for coxes.
- Create a sense of unity within each novice boat, leading to more commitment to the crew and therefore the club as a whole.
- Encouraging integration within the club, for example through social events.
- Emphasise the contribution novices will make to the women’s boat dub by continuing to row in subsequent terms.
- Organise small boats outings later in term to improve the standard of rowing for those who are keen.
- Gradually introduce novices to land training, including early completion of weights induction courses.
- Provide the novices with a consistently high standard of coaching.
- Create a standard of novice rowing such that the winning of both the Fairbairn’s cup and plate become realistic goals.
NOVICES ARE OUR FIRST PRIORITY
Proposed by: Rosie Chance
Seconded by: Sally Painter