The Club's Results
How to Enter Results
Entering the results of recent races is really easy! Take a moment to have a look around how it works.
- Log in. To do this, choose Log on / off from under Welcome on the main menu. There is help there if you haven't done it before.
- Choose Results then Enter Results from the menu.
- Choose the Event you know about. If it isn't on the list, you can add it be going to Website -> Events.
- If you need to add a new crew to the list which entered the event click [Enter new crew] at the bottom.
- From the list of crews and results, you can add results, submit little reports on races or add or correct crew lists. It should be reasonably self explanatory.
- The website person will be delighted to help if there are any problems, or answer any questions - email him at email@example.com
... and that's basically it. Just try it!
Read on if you have problems or are an 'advanced user'
- To remove your race report, edit it, delete all the text and save.
- If you use the standard message board formatting commands, you are strongly advised to copy what you have written before submitting it. Since there is no preview at the moment you will not get to see if there are any errors before it discards your report.
- Whilst any member can enter results and things, note that your member id is recorded!
- To change the crew title or the division / category of a crew entry, choose the link to add or edit a crew list and choose [Change] at the top of that page.
- Race results can not be removed altogether. This is to prevent a malicious user from deleting things and getting away with it.
Martin Peck, January 2003