First and Third Trinity
First and Third Trinity Boat Club is currently looking for a sponsor to enable us to maintain and build on our success.
||With kit like that, how could they say no to a photo?
Trinity College is one of the highest achieving colleges in an already world class university and First and Third one of the most successful college boat clubs within the university. By sponsoring First and Third Trinity Boat Club, your company would raise its profile amongst students across the university and would get direct access to them for recruitment opportunities.
Who we are
First and Third Trinity BC is one of the largest college sports societies in Cambridge. The club has over 120 members (both men and women) and eight VIIIs racing in the May Bumps last year. The members of the club are all students in Trinity College, the largest college in Cambridge. These students are of high academic ability and study a wide range of subjects, although the club is currently dominated by scientists, engineers and mathematicians. This year, more than 70 new students joined the club. We also have the most active alumni association of any Cambridge boat club, Black Prince Boat Club (BPBC). It too races throughout the year, often using First and Third equipment.
What we stand for
First and Third is the most successful and talked-about college boat club
in Cambridge of recent times. Over the last few years, our first men's crew
has won most Cambridge events they have entered, and the club recently held
both the men's and women's headships in the annual Cambridge Lent Bumps and
the men's headship in the May bumps, the most prestigious Cambridge College
rowing event. Our recent success is not a fluke - First and Third has not
been outside the top three boats on the river in the Lent Bumps in the last
seven years, and has never been outside the top 10 crews in the May Bumps.
In addition, First and Third has strong off-Cam exposure. This year, we have
raced in London, Dorney, Henley and even Paris.
First and Third has the busiest sports club website in Cambridge, www.firstandthird.org. It had over 920,000 pages downloaded last month from over 13,000 different computers. In March 2008 we received over 5,500 visits from Google searches. During the biannual Cambridge Bumps we have, since 2003, provided full online results within 10 minutes of the end of each race. We also provide a text message results service, photo gallery and results prediction contest. The website has become the primary source of Bumps results for the 1,500 competitors and countless other followers of the four days of races.
How we could help you
As our sponsor, you would benefit from:
- Branding on all First and Third kit and casual wear, excluding only formal racing kit.
- Branding on displayed banners and flags during all major intercollegiate rowing events, in particular during May Bumps (third largest British rowing event in terms of number of spectators, after The Boat Race and Henley Royal Regatta).
- Invitations to all of our social events, as well as organising up to four extra events a year with your company's representatives, to provide exposure in whatever form you choose. We have a dedicated Sponsorship Officer on our committee who will organise these events.
- Company advertisements in the Bumps' programmes.
- Branding on some of our boats and oars, and our trailer, providing extensive exposure at national events.
- Invitations to our popular boat-naming ceremonies. In 2003, one of our boats was named by HRH The Prince of Wales, which attracted both local and national media.
- Access to our mailing lists, through which all our members can be contacted very easily and regularly.
If you would be interested in finding out more about First and Third do not hesitate to contact us either via the online form or directly:
First and Third Trinity Boat Club Sponsorship Officer
||Luckily JPM had a solution for the Lent VIII's splashing problems.