The Club's Results
Cambridge Winter Head archive
1st women's novice VIII
- Mich Term 2009 (Novice VIIIs): Novice VIIIs, 11th of 13 in Women Student Beginner VIIIs
- Mich Term 2008 (Student Beginner VIIIs): Student Beginner VIIIs, 10th in Student Novice VIIIs
- Mich Term 2007 (Student Beginner VIIIs): Student Beginner VIIIs, 4th, 3rd college novice VIII
- Mich Term 2006 (Student Beginner VIIIs): Student Beginner VIIIs, 4th in Women's Student Beginners, 231st Overall
- Mich Term 2005 (Student Beginner VIIIs): Student Beginner VIIIs, 9th out of 14 women student beginner VIIIs
- Mich Term 2004 (Novice VIIIs): Novice VIIIs, 3rd of 9 in Stu Beg, 2nd of 4 Cambridge College (sadly beaten by Scum!)
- Mich Term 2003 (Novice VIIIs): Novice VIIIs, 2nd of 11 in event - 1st of the 3 colleges
- Mich Term 2002 (Novice VIIIs): Novice VIIIs, 195th overall, 7th of 8 women's novice VIIIs
- Mich Term 2001, str rigged: 5th of 7 1st women's novice VIII
- Mich Term 2000, Women's novice VIII A: 4th of 8 women's novice times
- Mich Term 1997 (Novice VIIIs): Novice VIIIs, 159th overall
10th in Student Novice VIIIs
A solid row from NW1 in their first race. We saw some very tidy rowing and stretches with very good boat speed. Unfortunately we did not quite have the consistency to keep this up for all of the race, resulting in the loss to four other college novice crews. The good bits, and indeed Tom's line around the corners, were very encouraging and we'll just have to eliminate mistakes to be very competitive.
Hear hear. Given that it was only our second outing rowing all eight, a fantastic row from all. We perhaps sagged a little through the middle of the race so need to work on pushing hard when the going gets tough, but we still have a couple of weeks to go until the big novice races. With a little (or a lot!) of training this could go very well indeed. The foundations of a pretty rapid crew are there - we just need to get some solid water time in.
4th, 3rd college novice VIII
Well done girls, this is a great result for your first race on the Cam :) The start was good, and some nice pushes really got the boat moving, with lots of calls for length and power meaning that cruising speed was fairly pacey. A few wobbles along Plough Reach and into the Long Reach, but you kept your heads and recovered well which is the most important thing. A good chunky push for home after the Railway Bridge finished it off nicely. Lots of positives to take from today, along with a few points to work on, but definitely looking promising for Clare Novices and beyond.
Oh, and just so you know, you kicked 2006 NW1's arses by over a minute. Not embarassed at all...
4th in Women's Student Beginners, 231st Overall
WE ARE BETTER THAN BRYN...FACT!
Well done girls...an awesome start to our boatie careers :) And seeing as we haven't got the times through yet, we are still undefeated on the water! I think we did really well, we rowed good and Sarah did some great coxing. Go us!
The claim that you're better than me clearly isn't a reference to your grammar: you rowed well, not good.
I bank partied the girls for their first chance to prove themselves on the water, after the heady heights of Queens' Ergs success. With some awesome lines from Sarah and tidy, powerful rowing from the crew, they closed on Magdalene (men!) ahead for the whole race. A good result (beaten only by Selwyn in the college stakes), and there's certainly a lot more to come from this crew.
9th out of 14 women student beginner VIIIs
Didn't actually get to see any of the race :( but by all accounts it was a good effort. I can definately say that on the way down to the start they looked way better than any of the novice crews around. Particularly the maggie crew with balloons on their bow - wierd no?
Well done girls! keep up the good work
This was such a nice row - the girls were looking strong and together, definitely one of the prettiest crews on the river (in every sense!). Nice coxing too :)
Hope you had fun!
Full Cambridge Winter Head results archive
Compare these times with all Cambridge Winter Head times in the archive