Minutes of Committee Meetings 2006 - 2007
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Wednesday 21st June 2006 in Blue Boar Common Room
Present: Erica Thompson (ET), Pedro Cunha (PC), Phil Horler (PH), Harriet Booker (HB), Will Laffan (WL), Lorry Carr (LC), Martin Yarr(MY), Fran Rawlins (FR), Amy Hewer (AH), Lynsey Porter (LP), Sorcha McGinn (SG), Dom Hockley (DH), Adam Blacklay (AB), Bryn Garrod (BG)
Apologies for absence: Andy Sugden (AS)
Actions to be taken in Bold.
1. Committee Stash
HB: Explained that personalized stash would be as last year, with polo shirt, rugby shirt and/or hoody available. The cost would be approximately £18 for the polo shirt and rugby shirt, and £28 for hoody. Each committee member should write down their preference on, and HB would put in the order in time for the start of next term.
2. Freshers' week
LP: Not much has been organized yet, all LBCs should meet together to sort recruitment.
LC: Queried the possibility of using the WPR for cocktails.
HB: Informed that the WPR will be available and it is currently planned, in conjunction with TCSU, to have the cocktails on the Friday of Freshers’ Week, but that this might be changed to Monday.
BG: Advised that last year it was held on a Friday and that this was too late in the week.
HB: Previously, a week or two after cocktails a BBQ has been held at the boat house to help with recruitment.
PH: Recalled that the BBQ two years previously had been a disaster with few attendees and had suffered a huge financial loss.
LP: Suggested that the BBQ could be held somewhere closer to college, for example Jesus Green.
2.3 Chaplin’s Squash
PH: Advised that a table at Chaplin’s Squash should be booked by one of the LBCs, and that preparing stickers, sign up forms and flyers is useful. Also decoration such as photos, flags and blades should be used.
It was decided after much discussion that the LBCs, DH and HB should all meet to arrange Chaplin’s Squash, the Freshers’ Week Cocktails and to decide whether to run a BBQ or not. LBCs, DH and HB.
3. Summer Rowing Scheme
ET: Asked who, in addition to herself and PC, would be in Cambridge over the summer
FR: Stated that she would be up for the first part of the holiday on the CUW Dev Squad.
LP: Stated that she would also be in Cambridge for a week, seemingly to act as FR’s PA.
Most of the committee is intending to come up a week early in September.
ET: Mentioned the possibility of a Grad Novice scheme over the summer, which Dan Jane had said he would be willing to help with. ET and PC to liaise with Dan Jane.
4. Boat House
4.1 Property Marking
ET: Advised that an erg had been stolen from Clare Boat House, and that it is recommended we mark our ergs. ET to discuss with Iain Law.
4.2 Water Bottle Recycling
ET: Questioned the possibility of plastic water bottle recycling
LC: Advised that there is little plastic recycling available. It would be better to have a box near the water tap so bottles can be re-used.
4.3 Electrical Goods
DH: Asked what was happening with all the seemingly broken electrical items in the boat house. Are any of them worth replacing?
AB: Informed that he was intending to purchase a kettle, and try and get a working fridge and microwave from college.
AB: The lard system will not be changing in the near future, but stated a desire to eventually move to a buttery card system, possibly using the current computer, or possibly an old catering department machine.
LP: Brought up issues with the women’s changing rooms, such as toilet locks, but was confident that she could mend them in her spare time in the holidays.
ET: Stated that the First Aid Kit needs better stocking.
LP: Suggested making items like micro-pore available for inclusion in the lard cupboard.
ET to discuss issues with Iain Law. AB to purchase kettle and negotiate a fridge and kettle with college. LP to purchase relevant items from DIY store and mend toilets.
5. Captain’s Room
ET: Informed that she and PC have a double for next year, and that she would rather not live in E1 Great Court. Suggested a vote to see if it is reasonable to allow a different committee member to occupy the room.
|Yes, it is acceptable
|No, it is not acceptable
HB: Suggested it is not a good idea given our current standing with college authorities, and that perhaps it was not best to draw attention to the perks we currently enjoy.
ET: Stated that she would not allow the club to lose the room, and that if a swap was not allowed, she would occupy it.
ET: Asked who would be interested in occupying the room if a switch is allowed. AB, DH, MY and CH expressed an interest.
ET to consult with the Accommodations Office.
At this point Gavin Johnstone, TCSU President, entered the room, and discussed the Freshers’ Week timetable. It was decided that the Freshers’ Week Cocktails could possibly be moved to Tuesday evening.
7. Date of Next Meeting
The week before Freshers’ Week, 25th-29th September. Exact date a time to be confirmed by PH.
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 25th September 2006 in E1 Great Court
Present: Erica Thompson (ET), Pedro Cunha (PC), Phil Horler (PH), Harriet Booker (HB), Will Laffan (WL), Lorry Carr (LC), Martin Yarr(MY), Amy Hewer (AH), Lynsey Porter (LP), Dom Hockley (DH), Adam Blacklay (AB), Bryn Garrod (BG)
Apologies for absence: Andy Sugden (AS), Fran Rawlins (FR), Sorcha McGinn (SG)
Actions to be taken in Bold.
1. Minutes of last meeting
The minutes of the meeting held on 21st June 2006 were confirmed as an accurate record.
2. Freshers’ Week
2.1 Chaplin’s Squash
LP: Stated that the table had been booked, but has not yet received confirmation. Mentioned plans to purchase sweets, get blades (from the boat house, not decoration blades) and flags
ET: Produced club flag stored in E1 Great Court.
LP: Men’s, women’s and cox sign up sheets were planned, and flyers had been designed but not yet printed.
PH: Informed that library photocopying facilities are available to the boat club and should be used.
WL: Mentioned the boat club is not in the freshers’ guide so many flyers required.
HB: Suggested the use of stickers.
ET: Has stickers suitable for printing
HB: Has a suitable excel file for stickers.
||Get blades from boat house
||Organise sign up sheets
HB: Asked that everyone collects committee stash from her
BG: Insists that Hermes addresses are required on the sign up sheets, other addresses are of no use.
Whole committee decides not to hold a BBQ this year on account of it being a crap idea.
AH: The WPR is booked for Tuesday 3rd October, but due to numbers Porters will need to be booked.
WL: Cocktails will be between 19:00-21:00pm, and freshers will be taken to the TSCU event at Soul Tree at 21:00. The WPR will be hired from 17:30 for set up.
PH: Questioned plans for music, and informed the PA system in the WPR can only be rented from TCSU at great expense.
DH: Suggested use of his ipod and speakers.
LP: Mentioned need for sign-up sheets, tub timetables and pens.
HB: Suggested a charge of £3 for non novices.
||Get required tutor’s permission etc, and book porters.
||Organise sign-up sheets, tub timetables and pens.
||Meet in WPR at 1730 on Tuesday 3rd October to help set up.
2.3 Novice rowing
WL: Many tubbing coaches have already signed up.
HB: Asked if Homerton have been consulted yet regarding tub usage.
ET: Informed of a planned meeting with Homerton at 13:45 Thursday 28th September in E1 Great Court. LBCs and DH should attend.
LP: Wants all LBC lecture and prac. times for the first few weeks of term.
PH: Suggested tubbing novices in larger group and having fewer sessions per day, thus reducing scheduling work etc. LBCs agreed to consider plan.
HB: Mentioned novices should be tubbed at least twice before using VIIIs
BG: Stressed importance of keeping attendance and ability logs, with scores for each novice.
DH: Asked PC for list of coxes for the term.
||Set up freshers’ email address to go to LP
||Email BA soc. about Chaplin’s squash and cocktails.
||Email DH a list of coxes for the term.
3. Broken Boat House Equipment
AB: Said there is a lot of old broken equipment i.e. hi-fi, fridge etc, which he has replaced over the summer. The old equipment needs to be removed.
ET: Mentioned that Iain Law has been spoken to regarding a skip for refuse.
ET: Suggested a committee clear & clean session at the boat house at 14:00 on Friday 29th September.
DH: Asked what has happened regarding the ’67 Black Prince boat.
ET: Guessed that it might be mounted in the boathouse in May Term.
ET: Brought up the lack of combination lock for the crew room locker, and the lack of keys for the women’s lockers.
||Check with Iain Law about the skip
||Purchase new crew room locker combination lock
||Attempt to locate women’s locker keys
||Attend boat house ‘clean & clear’ session at 14:00, Friday 29th September
4. JP Morgan drinks
ET: JP Morgan will be funding drinking in the OCR on Wednesday 18th October to celebrate the club’s winning of the Michell Cup in 2005/2006. The OCR is booked. JP Morgan representatives will be attending.
5. Fireworks party
ET: Thinks the City fireworks will be held on Saturday 4th November.
PH: Asked whether food should be served.
HB: Stated that last year jacket potatoes were served, along with mulled wine and non-alcoholic drinks and that it was successful.
Whole Committee decided that the same could be done again this, and would be discusses more thoroughly at the next meeting.
Webmaster's note: Bizarre jump in numbering system preserved for the record
8. Fairbairn’s dinner
PH: Asked if people would be happy to hold the dinner at the boat house again this year.
Whole Committee decided this would be a good idea, but that the decoration should be looked into carefully, particularly having proper table linen instead of paper.
||Booked Fairbairn’s dinner for the boat house, and ask caterers about table linen options.
BG: Asked that all committee members check that their details on the website are correct. Also stated that he would be implementing a spam filter for email addresses on the website.
10. Date of next meeting
Provisionally 7pm, Thursday 5th October
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Thursday 5th October 2006 in E1 Great Court
Present: Erica Thompson (ET), Pedro Cunha (PC), Phil Horler (PH), Harriet Booker (HB), Will Laffan (WL), Lorry Carr (LC), Martin Yarr(MY), Andy Sugden (AS), Amy Hewer (AH), Lynsey Porter (LP), Sorcha McGinn (SG), Dom Hockley (DH), Adam Blacklay (AB), Bryn Garrod (BG), Clair Birbeck (who knows why…) (CB)
Apologies for absence: Fran Rawlins (FR)
Actions to be taken in Bold.
|PH & BG:
||Stella Artois, 2006 ( A good year)
||Spanish Garnocha Rose, 2004 & ½ bottle Australian Cabernet Shiraz, 2005
|AS, WL, MY:
||Californian Chardonnay, 2005
1. Minutes of last meeting
The minutes of the meeting held on 25th September 2006 were confirmed as an accurate record.
2. Round up of Freshers’ week so far
PH: Wished to congratulate all involved for two excellent novice events (Chaplin’s Squash and cocktails).
LP: Said some good people had already been tubbed and there are a number of promising coxes.
LP: Encouraged people to write down everything about the novices that they had coached.
AB: Asked what to do if you know someone will be bad.
ET: Suggested that you be as encouraging and positive as possible.
BG: Asked how many had been tubbed already.
LP: Estimated 60-80, with another 60 lined up to do it.
AS: Noted that this was a good turn out given the bad weather.
LP: Said none had expressed a dislike of the experience at all.
AB: Mentioned that no welcomers were present at Great Gate for the final session on Thursday 5th October and that an apology should be emailed to the affected novices.
AS: Volunteered to send email.
LP: Noted that mid-morning sessions had been unpopular so might bin them and do only afternoons.
DH: Remembered that one person could only go out at 8am on weekdays.
ET: Suggested contacting some grads to coach a session at that time.
DH: Thought it would be worth a try, once at least.
AH, AS, ET: Willing to coach an 8am tubbing session.
PH: Thought it would be a good idea if the LBCs point out anything in particular that they’ve done well so far, and what they wish they’d done better so as to help future LBCs.
DH: Worried about the coaching some coxes were receiving and so wrote a coaching plan and will be sending it out.
LP: Tubbing was started very early (Wednesday 4th October) which has worked well.
ET: Suggested that the meeting with Homerton LBCs and Iain was great as it cleared up a lot of potential issues.
WL: Thought they should have had, and should still have, a meeting with coaches to make sure everyone is doing things correctly.
ET: Thought some LBCs were doing too much already and should not be having to bin lectures at this stage in term.
PH: Suggested they contact coaches individually to encourage them to sign up.
BG: Asked whether novices were starting the first stroke from front stops as he felt this is best and should be stressed to all coaches.
LBCs: Confirmed they wanted the first stroke to begin at front stops and would make this clear to coaches.
||Send an email to freshers who were left at Great Gate.
||Arrange an 8am tubbing session.
AB: Had been to Eaden Lilly and they can satisfy all of the clubs photo needs for less money than JET. Wanted to know how people felt about switching over.
ET: Asked if formal photos could also be done by Eaden Lilly.
AH: Asked about their presence at races.
AB: Thought that it was good.
BG: Suggested that a loyalty to JET would not be unreasonable given that it’s a small, local firm who have done our photos for many years.
LP: Asked if the gallery on the boat club website would be affected since there are a number of JET photos on there.
PH: Noted that technically they were only on the site by kind permission of JET, although in reality permission doesn’t really matter, but that problems could be caused if JET wanted to cause them.
PH: Suggested that we stay with JET this term and see what Eaden Lilly’s race coverage is like.
AB: Said he’d speak to JET and see if he could get a better deal.
||Speak with JET about the possibility of discounts
ET: Said that no date for the city fireworks is available.
HB: Volunteered to call the council if no date is published within the week.
HB: Said she had spoken to Amelia Russell (KSS 2005-2006), and Amelia is willing to make toffee apples as she had done the previous year.
HB: Noted that for jacket potatoes the potato must be pre-cooked and then re-heated, but wasn’t sure where they could be pre-cooked. Thought we should have cheese and butter fillings.
CB: Made it obvious to all in the room that she is a horrific stalker who in the previous year would stop at nothing to secure the use of an oven.
DH: Said he has a small oven and hot plates which would be used on the evening for heating the mulled wine. Also said something about bringing some whoop ass on the College for some reason.
HB: Agreed that hotplates would be required for the mulled wine, but that only a kettle was required for the non-alcoholic mulled wine.
HB: Said she would buy sweets for the event, and suggested that maybe we sell beer for an extra price.
AB: Thought beer would be a good idea, and could get some cans at a cut price. Also suggested additional fillings of tuna mayonnaise, cottage cheese and coleslaw.
HB: Thought about 100 potatoes would be required, and would ask Amelia about the purchase of apples and toffee.
PH: Suggested using grad ovens either in Bridge Street or BA Rooms.
BG: Was volunteered to book a kitchen.
HB: Decided to ask Amelia which microwave they used last year since no-one could think of where we could get one from.
HB: Mentioned that last year a number of non club members climbed up the fire escape stairs and that they soon dispersed when a sign declaring it an ‘un-safe structure’ was put up. Suggested we do the same again this year.
||Buy potatoes, sweets, butter, cheddar & cottage cheese, tuna mayonnaise, coleslaw, mulled wine (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). Ask Amelia about toffee apples, arrange for a microwave. Phone the council for fireworks date.
||Buy canned beer.
||Book grad ovens.
||Bring oven/hot plates to party.
5. Early Morning Marshals
PH: Explained that the club must provide 5 early morning marshals this term, and that ET had already done the first slot. Members of the committee will not have to do more than one slot each, and they must report to Goldie boat house before the allocated time to pick up a bib, and should be in position at the river 5 minutes before their time. All marshals should also read the CUCBC marshal instructions.
The marshalling slots were divided as follows:
|19th October, 7.04:
|1st November, 6.27:
|15th November, 6.51:
|29th November, 7.12:
||Harriet Booker/Clair Birbeck
6. Date of Next Meeting
Provisionally 6pm, Friday 27th October
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Sunday 29th October 2006 in E1 Great Court
Present: Erica Thompson (ET), Pedro Cunha (PC), Phil Horler (PH), Harriet Booker (HB), Will Laffan (WL), Lorry Carr (LC), Martin Yarr(MY), Andy Sugden (AS), Amy Hewer (AH), Lynsey Porter (LP), Sorcha McGinn (SG), Dom Hockley (DH), Adam Blacklay (AB), Bryn Garrod (BG), Fran Rawlins (FR)
Actions to be taken in Bold.
1. Minutes of last meeting
The minutes of the meeting held on 5th October 2006 were confirmed as an accurate record.
2. Captains’ reports
PC Informed that the men’s club will have a light IV and 4 coxed IVs racing in Uni IVs. Rowers will then move into VIIIs after the competition. Fours Head will not be entered as it is two weeks after Uni IVs.
ET Informed that the woman’s club will have 2 coxed IVs racing in Uni IVs. The women will also be moving into VIIIs after the competition.
ET Stated that the club will soon be placing an order for two Janousek VIIIs with two free sculls.
PC Speculated that 1-2 tracer sculls may also be bought for novice sculling.
MY Asked when the shells might arrive.
ET Hoped early January.
ET Suggested the possibility of a tracer event in STCS since Jesus and Tit Hall boat clubs both have some.
BG Asked if Magpie and Stump will be repaired.
ET Thought not since both are in a very bad state.
3. Lower Boats Capatins’ reports
WL: Informed that the men are being moved into squads, but not crews yet. Thought there might be fewer men than usual this year, but may still get 5 VIIIs into novice Fairbairn’s.
LP: Thought there would be 3 women’s VIIIs, with the 1st women’s VIII more or less picked. There will be 2 Queen’s ergs crews, with one very quick girl rowing.
DH: Has seen 4-5 novice coxes, with a handful of very good coxes and a number of very poor ones. (A detailed dissection of seemingly everyone who has ever even thought about coxing for First and Third followed, which for the sake of anyone reading this PH decided to omit).
4. Fireworks party
HB: Stated that the display begins at 7:30pm so the party should begin at 6pm. The committee should start set up at the boat house at 5pm.
DH: Excused himself from the party on account of being away for the weekend.
DH: Promised to lend HB his portable oven for the evening.
HB: Asked for volunteers to cook potatoes in the afternoon. AH, LC, AS all volunteered.
HB: Requested to borrow microwaves for the evening. LC, LP and AB all volunteered theirs.
HB: Said that 100 potatoes would be cooked, and tickets for entry and 1 potato would be sold on the door. If potatoes run out, the ticket price will be dropped by £1.
AB: Stated that beer would be sold for £1 a can.
HB: Thought the ticket price should be £5.
HB: Thought that Amelia Russell would be willing to make toffee apples.
HB: Asked if anyone besides herself had a big pan for the mulled wine.
PH: Offered the use of his pan.
AS: Offered to bring plug splitters for the microwaves.
HB: Thought that Bridge St cooking facilities would be most useful for the potato cooking.
AH: Asked about advertising.
AB: Thought that the boat club notice board should become clear shortly.
HB: Volunteered to email soc-rowing and novices.
WL: Offered to make and distribute flyers and posters on Thursday.
ET: Offered to email Homerton Boat Club about the event.
|DH:||Provide HB with portable oven on the day of the event|
|LC, LP, AB:||Provide HB with microwaves on the day of the event|
|PH:||Provide HB with a pan on the day of the event|
|AS:||Bring plug splitters to the event set up|
|HB:||Send emails advertising event|
|WL:||Produce flyers and posters and distribute|
|ET:||Email Homerton Boat Club about the event|
5. Fairbairn’s dinner
PH: Explained the difficulties with caterers refusing to cook food downstairs and serve it upstairs in the boathouse, and that other venues had been hard too find. A compromise with the caterers had been met whereby a cold main course of meat and salad would be served. Asked the committee their opinion on the matter.
General consensus was that this would be fine.
6. Safety Conference
ET: Asked if anyone would be willing to attend the CUCBC safety conference as at least one club representative was expected.
No-one was willing so ET would have to go herself.
7. Date of next meeting
Early Lent Term 2007.
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on Saturday 20th January 2007 in E1 Great Court
Present: Erica Thompson (ET), Pedro Cunha (PC), Phil Horler (PH), Harriet Booker (HB), Will Laffan (WL), Lorry Carr (LC), Martin Yarr(MY), Amy Hewer (AH), Lynsey Porter (LP), Dom Hockley (DH), Adam Blacklay (AB), Bryn Garrod (BG) , Fran Rawlins (FR), Sorcha McGinn (SG)
Apologies for absence: Andy Sugden (AS)
Actions to be taken in Bold.
1. Minutes of last meeting
The minutes of the meeting held on 29th October 2007 were confirmed as an accurate record.
2. Captains’ reports
ET: Novice retention has been good. Thought there was a large squad of approx 32 rowers.
DH: Cox retention has been poor, with only one decent cox remaining from the novice squad.
PC: Hoped for the men to get 6 boats out in the Lents.
LC: Asked if there would be a grad boat.
PC: Thought a low commitment grad boat may happen, but unsure.
PC: Expected to pick crews within the week.
LC: Thought the 5th VIII should do well and hopefully get on. The 6th VIII might have some fun….
3. Early morning marshals
PH: Informed everyone that another round of early morning marshals were needed, and those who marshaled last term would be exempt.
After much confusion and deliberation the following marshals were decided up:
|Friday 26th Jan:||7.21am||LP & FR|
|Thursday 8th Feb:||7.01am||WL|
|Thursday 22nd Feb:||6.35am||LC|
|Thursday 8th Mar:||6.05am||PH|
HB: Reminded everyone of the Homerton Committee formal swap at Homerton on Sunday 21st January.
AH: Stated that everyone should be in the Homerton bar at 19.00.
ET: Informed that the STCS Junior Umpire this year will be Jij.
MY: Thought he might be SU, but its still undecided.
PC: Asked what people felt about the upcoming captains’ meeting vote on whether to include the LMBC erg champs in the Michell Cup.
ALL: A resounding no.
HB: Asked whether Drumps should be held this year.
PH: Thought it may not be wise, and perhaps a pub-crawl on the 10th March might be safer.
5. Date of next meeting
Minutes of AGM held on Saturday 22th May 2007 in the Winstanley Lecture Theature
Webmaster's note: The meeting actually took place on 12 May, but the date is as recorded as in the official record.
Present from the Committee: Erica Thompson (ET), Pedro Cunha (PC), Phil Horler (PH), Harriet Booker (HB), Will Laffan (WL), Lorry Carr (LC), Martin Yarr(MY), Amy Hewer (AH), Lynsey Porter (LP), Adam Blacklay (AB), Bryn Garrod (BG), Fran Rawlins (FR), Sorcha McGinn (SG), Andy Sugden (AS)
Absent from the committee: Dom Hockley (DH)
21 persons were present
The meeting started at 7.30pm with the signing of the membership book.
1. Signing of the Membership Book
The membership book was signed by a number of new club members.
2. Apologies for absences
Only DH had sent an apology for absence. At this stage MY, LP, and FR were all absent, without apology.
3. Minutes of previous meeting
PH: Explained that usually at this stage he would ask if the minutes of the previous AGM were an accurate record of events, but since the previous Secretary had not taken any, or at least never copied them up, he could not do so.
4. Officers' reports
1.1 Webmaster: Bryn Garrod
Webmaster's note: The unconvential numbering system is as used in the official record.
BG: Stated that the website is still running. In Michaelmas he learned stuff, in Lent he did stuff, and in Easter he has so far done nothing. Thanked everyone for race reports and photos, and asked that everyone keeps contributing.
[Wolf whistle from audience, although almost certainly an entirely unrelated mobile phone]
1.2 Junior Treasurer: Adam Blacklay
AB: Explained that a new lard system has been installed this term.
ANON: Mentioned that the system sometimes breaks
AB: Suggested closing the system and restarting the application as this seemed to sort most problems.
ET: Asked if Homerton lard had been sorted yet.
AB: Seemed to imply it was more or less sorted.
1.3 KSS: Harriet Booker
HB: Stated that the kit for the last two terms has been ordered from JL, and has been of a decent quality. The Freshers' cocktails and fireworks party were good, as were the WPR bops.
BG: Commented that we were on for a record AGM time.
1.4 Coxing Captain: Dom Hockley
1.5 Men's Lower Boats Captains: Lorry Carr, Will Laffan, Andy Sugden, Martin Yarr
AS: Summarised results with a win in Clare Novices and 3rd place in Novice Fairbairns. Stated that there was good novice representation in Lents. Thought that in May term the 4th VIII will be grads, the 5th VIII should be good, but there may be no 6th VIII because its hard to get people on the water around exams.
1.6 Women's Lower Boats Captains: Amy Hewer, Sorcha McGinn, Lynsey Porter, Fran Rawlins
AH: Commented that novice recruitment had been good, enabling the entry of a 3rd VIII into Lent Bumps. Hopes for the entry of a 4th VIII in May Bumps.
[LP and FR arrive]
1.7 Secretary: Phil Horler
PH: Summarised that money has been spent, races have been entered, dinners have been eaten and a boat has been burned.
1.8 Men's Captain: Pedro Cunha
PC: Considered Michaelmas term to be good, but not great. Lent term was excellent with wins at the Nene, Robinson Head, Pembroke Regatta, blades for the 2nd VIII and the Lent VIII taking the Lents Headship. Thought that Mays training was going well, although it is hard to keep people rowing at exam time.
1.9 Women's and Overall Captain: Erica Thompson
ET: Simply stated that the women have been winning pretty much everything, including a straight set of wins at the LMBC erg champs that evening.
5 Proposed update of the Constitution
5.1 VI.4 Lent VIII (Women)
ET Thought that the women had now earned the right to a Lent VIII blazer given that they were now head of the river. Since the men were entitled to three different blazers thought that two for the women would be reasonable. Suggested that the designed should be the same as the women's May VIII blazer, minus the club crest on the pocket, thus making it easily upgradeable to a May VIII blazer should the owner desire. The wording of the addition to the constitution should be, 'Cream blazer with blue and gold striped trim. No club crest on pocket'.
A vote was taken:
21 for, 0 against, 0 abstentions.
This is one more than the required quorum, so the change was approved.
BG: Update the website constitution
Webmaster's note: I assume that the above is an action, because I never said that.
PH: Reminded everyone that the election for the 2007/2008 committee would take place in the Winstanley Lecture Theatre at 19.00, Sunday 20th May.
AB: Asked when the manifesto deadline would be.
PH: Replied that manifestos should be sent to him by 19.00, Monday 14th May, but that he would be lenient with late candidatures.
8. Date of next meeting
PH: Date of the next AGM is likely to be the 3rd Sunday on Easter term, 2008.