Why do you need my personal information?
We understand that your privacy is important to you and you may prefer not to give out personal information.
At the same time, it is equally important that we only allow bona fide First and Third members to access the members section of the
website. We therefore ask for your personal details, including your address and date of birth, in order to verify your identity.
What will you do with my personal information?
Unless you tick the "Hide Contact Details" box (see below), the details that you enter on your association application will be added to the
members list. The details will be stored in a database table on our secure web server
and will be visible on the members directory page. However, the personal details on this page (email address, postal address, phone number,
mobile number and date of birth) are displayed to logged-in members only and cannot therefore be accessed by spammers, bots or the general
We will never give any of your personal information to anybody outside First and Third.
Is there a way to stop other users seeing my details?
We believe that it is useful for First and Third members to be able to contact other members. Nevertheless, we recognise that
some people will not wish their contact details to be displayed to other members, or indeed stored at all. We have therefore added the
"Hide Contact Details" tick-box on the application page. If you tick this box, the following will happen:
- Your email address will still be stored in the members list (the address must be stored, as it is the way that you will log into your
- However, your email address will be hidden from all users (even other logged-in members)
- Your postal address and date of birth will not be stored in the members database at all.
- Instead, they will be emailed to the First and Third Association officers, who will store them off system.
- The other (less sensitive) pieces of information will be stored in the members list as usual.
I have another question